Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

New LG Watch Phone


Talk to the hand... literally. LG has recently unveiled a new Watch Phone. Basically, it's a digital wrist watch and a phone combined.

Some features:
- LCD Backlit Colour Touchscreen
- Phone with Touch Keypad
- Built in Speaker
- Built in Microphone
- SMS
- Music Player
- Wrist Watch
- Bluetooth 2.1

*Not a comprehensive list of features but you can read up more about it online.*

I think it's interesting to have a watch double up as a phone. But I wouldn't want to be caught talking to my hand in public whenever a call comes. I can pretty much imagine others looking at you and thinking, "eww, look at that dude, still so childish, trying to be cool and acting as if his watch is a phone". Which also reminds me of Power Rangers, where the rangers communicate with their base via the watch. So stupid. Thankfully the watch phone supports bluetooth so you can connect and talk via a bluetooth headset. However, no-one is going to wear a headset 24/7. So mostly, I may just use a regular phone for calls.

On the plus side, I think having a watch that can blast music is a nice feature. I wouldn't mind having such a device. And yeah, that's about what I can say about this watch phone now. According to LG, it should be for sale later this year. So look out for it.

Meanwhile, here's the demo video for the LG Watch Phone at Consumers Electronic Show 2009 (CES 2009).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comments here! ^.^