Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Michael Jackson's and Akon's Hold My Hand song was actually completed a year before MJ died



Michael Jackson may have passed away in late June 2009, but it seems that the late King of Pop is still producing hits even past his death. The latest single from Akon and Michael Jackson, Hold My Hand, has only just been released on radios and is very popular. Contrary to belief, "Hold My Hand" is actually a 2-and-a-half year old song. It was completed in June 2008, a year before Michael Jackson died.


A quick search online would uncover the "Hold My Hand" story. Michael Jackson was working with many musicians the few years leading to his death. In particular, he was collaborated more with Akon. They recorded "Hold My Hand" in June 2008. Interestingly, the song leaked onto YouTube, with videos of the songs appearing on June 30, 2008. Apparently the YouTube managed to remove all the videos containing the song. I did a quick search and the earliest video I could find was uploaded on Dec 4, 2008. (Video below)

I didn't find out what happened to the song since then and why it is only released recently when it is clearly completed, based on the video below. After Michael Jackson died in 2009, the news reported that some of his uncompleted music would be completed and released. Many people would therefore assume that "Hold My Hand" is one of those songs that was completed after his death. In actual fact, the song was only unreleased. Regardless, MJ fans should still appreciate his music, no matter when it was done.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comments here! ^.^