Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

McDonald's in 3D


**click on the images to view them in detail**

Lat week, I went out to Little India with my friends for a photo-hunting outing. In the evening, we went to the newly opened City Square Mall for a meal. Stopped by McDonald's because they wanted ice cream. While sitting there, I drew inspiration from the nice clean look of the restaurant. Thus I thought of recreating the scene in 3ds. Took some reference shots of the bar stool-like chairs as I felt those were the more difficult to create.












This is my first time recreating a more complex scene since I started self-learning 3d a couple weeks back, so it's quite a challenge. And I took a whole day with it as I was still not very familiar with the max interface. Haha. Anyway, the first image above is not a photo, but what I've created. Hard to believe right? I myself was pretty much surprised at how realistic it looked even though I used very simple methods to create it. Below are a few images of some of the behind the scene stuff.. None of them are photos too. The only photos are the 2 reference shots I took above. Lol.

A clean render, without any materials applied.


My first try at creating the Mac's table


Creation of the tables with the bar-stool chairs and basic lighting


Simple wallpaper, made using photoshop


It is really satisfying to be able to make nice cool stuff so easily with 3ds max. Haha. I shall look for more things to recreate (that are within my abilities now of course!). And for the time being, I played around with my scene a little more and got the 2 images below. The good thing abt 3d creation is that you can slot your name anywhere you want. Like me, below. Lol. Hey, designers also can have fun ok..




To view my earlier works, visit my picassa account at
http://picasaweb.google.com/generationm88

Thanks!! ^.^

2 comments:

Skyvern said...

Wow did you model the chairs and environment too? It looks realistic.

Anonymous said...

hey you really should pursue a career in this. it's a growing career, and really not bad for someone who's picked it up on his own. -Melissa

Post a Comment

Write your comments here! ^.^